2D Artist Magazine is a Low-Cost pdf downloadable Magazine about Concept Art, Digital & Matte Painting. It is full of interview, articles, galleries, tutorials and techinques from the most amazing and famous artists here around.
Finally Issue 37, January 2009 is out! With this new issue starts a brand new series of articles dedicated to vehicles renderind, created by Dwayne Vance and Hoi Mun Tham.
Sketchbook article is finally back this month: I truly think that sketchbook samples of famous artists are a great resources for inspiration and for a study of the working/mental process of an illustrator.
The authors of the magazine says that, maybe, in the future issues a new tutorial series will start, and it will be dedicated to character rendering!
In this Issue:
- Interview with: Tomasz Jedruszek;
- Interview with: Jim Maxwell;
- Sketchbook of Justin Alber;
- The Gallery: 10 of the Best 2d Artworks;
- Challenge: Stylised Characters – This Month’s Finalists/Last Month’s making ofs;
- Tutorial: Understanding Composition by Joel Carlo;
- Tutorial: Speed Painting by Justin Albers and Richard Tilbury;
- Tutorial: Space Painting Transport – Part 7 – Capital Ships;
- Making Of: Flower Concept by Soheil Danesh Eshraghi;
Price : $4.50 / £2.25 / €3.24
Link: 2d Artist Magazine